01 April 2017

Investment Review - March 2017

Here's the spreadsheet summary for the combined portfolio as updated on 31 March 2017.



(click for a larger image)


Share / Fund Purchases in the Period
None

Share / Fund Sales in the Period
I sold out of my Lloyds Bank (LLOY.L) holding in early March, at a price of 67.4p net.  I'd bought these shares last June during the brief Brexit slide, primarily for the >5% projected dividend, but they'd risen to the point where a sale gave me a sum equal to around four years worth of dividends, and so I decided to take the money off the table now.   I might buy back in again if the price should fall substantially.

Passive Income Index
This is the first of the reports into my Passive Income Index, which stood at 100 on 31 December 2016.   

With the dividends etc received during this first quarter, the index now stands at 118.6, so my target of 300 by the end of the year is looking well out of reach, and even to achieve the same income as last year (Index = 200) I should already be at or around the 125 mark by this time of year.  

However, the next quarter April-June is historically better for dividend payments, so there's still hope.

Commentary
The year has begun well, with the portfolio value increasing to new highs in each of the months January, February & March.  But, for how much longer can this upward run continue ?




And the sale of the Lloyds shares has taken the cash position to the very top of the weightings within the portfolio, for the very first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment